Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Beta Alanine

Beta Alanine

T-mag/biotest are making a big thing of their beta alanine supplement in helping to buffer lactic acid within the muscle cell ie. before it is released into the blood. Anyone going to try beta alanine or has anyone tried it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Hand
    T-mag/biotest are making a big thing of their beta alanine supplement in helping to buffer lactic acid within the muscle cell ie. before it is released into the blood. Anyone going to try beta alanine or has anyone tried it?
    I have tried it. I didn't really notice much. Unfortunately I haven't done any intense lactate runs while taking it. It doesn't taste bad though so don't worry. You can get beta alanine from bulknutrition pretty cheap.

Remember, T-Nation also says that PowerDrive facilitates neural recovery

tc0710
    I've used creatine and ba together with 400m runers and it seems to be better than creatine alone. As for studies it has potential but nothing conclusive!

this the same as H blocker right? i not tried the stuff yet but its based on the cobversion to L carnosine, think there was talk about it a while back not sure

Quote Originally Posted by tc0710
    I've used creatine and ba together with 400m runers and it seems to be better than creatine alone.
    How do you use this? Only before hard, lactic sessions or every day? Before competition - after warm up, 30' before race? Afterwards?

Thanks for the info!

I did a annotated bibliography on beta-alanine supplementation for a sports nutrition class I had last semester and even though they don't have many studies done one it, the ones done so far seemed pretty promising and one study used creatine also. ill try to find it again?

tc0710
    Quote Originally Posted by sprint_coach
    How do you use this?
    We just used EAS Phosphogen Elite 5g a day split before and after sessions rather than our normal creatine (only for 400m runners). They reported better results using it than before. I know kerron clement was using creatine and simostan a year or two back. i see no reason why you wouldn't try and use beta alanine because the additional cost is neglegable and it may help. i'd probably try supplementing separately with BA also on especially hard lactic sessions and see what you think.

can you get BA by itself cos every where i look they sell it ready in some concoction and costs a bloody fortune.

taking into account the buffering ability
    would
    creatine, beta A and gakic be a good race day stack for 400m

Beta-7

Beta-7 from Biotest is a stand alone beta alanine supplement in a timed release delivery system. I take two caps, 2000mg, 3 times a day, I think it is one of the best supplements I take. You won't notice some immediate affect, but about two weeks into using it you realize it takes a lot more work to wear you out. It is also supposed to have several health benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by markdog
    Beta-7 from Biotest is a stand alone beta alanine supplement in a timed release delivery system. I take two caps, 2000mg, 3 times a day, I think it is one of the best supplements I take. You won't notice some immediate affect, but about two weeks into using it you realize it takes a lot more work to wear you out. It is also supposed to have several health benefits.
    I agree. For the volleyball players I train, and for some basketball players I know I'm interested to see the results with lean-mass and hard training (multiple training sessions/week, >6). I'm going to add it into my supplement plan next week and see how it goes. I'm currently training for olympic weightlifting, training HIIT, and moderate/low-intensity cardio for recovery (which brings my training sessions/week right now to around 8). I'm anxious to see how BETA7 and creatine are going to work for me, and for others here shortly.