Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Ben's Max Squat

Quote Originally Posted by numba56
    so what? point is her strength training and strength levels served their purpose. they helped as a variable within her overall plan to run as fast as possible.

more then her strength training served a purpose.

so what? point is her strength training and strength levels served their purpose. they helped as a variable within her overall plan to run as fast as possible.
    I can't wait until Bobby claims that Allyson Felix squats 400 or will run 10.6(wait a min, he already did that 2nd one).

Quote Originally Posted by utfootball4
    more then her strength training served a purpose.
    i dont understand this? are you saying her strength training was the sole variable for her running as fast as she did? im saying the strength training is ancillary, and as an ancillary variable in the training, it assisted with the necessary element, sprinting, in such a fashion that she could run as fast as she did. so why does it matter if she was doing step ups on a three inch box, or lunges? my point was whatever she did it was a variable that was helpful.

i dont understand this? are you saying her strength training was the sole variable for her running as fast as she did? im saying the strength training is ancillary, and as an ancillary variable in the training, it assisted with the necessary element, sprinting, in such a fashion that she could run as fast as she did. so why does it matter if she was doing step ups on a three inch box, or lunges? my point was whatever she did it was a variable that was helpful.

lol, no thats not what im saying.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=s6uuVVTLmHA

Not quite <200lbs (260lbs actually ), but a good video for the thread nonetheless.

Awesome video. Excuse my ignorance but who is that?

If our school's gym environment were like that I would be in heaven....and the majority of the kids who lift there would probably cry and run away and the school would shut it down.

His name is in the description. He is a fb at Wisconsin. The video is from when he was 19.... Got some work to do lol.

I think everyone at my college would be stronger with a weightroom 1/2 that intensity.

Thats pretty sweet, I'd pay 2 or 3 times what I pay now for a gym membership if it came with that environment.

All I get now are fat girls on treadmills, 60 yr old men doing 10lb dumbell military press, and average highschool athletes quarter squatting 300-400 and doing curls.

i dont know about the rest of you but i would prefer people not to be screaming in my ear as ive got 500+ on my back. especially if i am training and have to do it over and over and not just showing what i got for the ol boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Davan
    His name is in the description. He is a fb at Wisconsin. The video is from when he was 19.... Got some work to do lol.

I think everyone at my college would be stronger with a weightroom 1/2 that intensity.
    That looks like about 560 lbs. for nine pretty good reps. That is awesome....I'm very impressed even for a guy weighing 260lbs. I'm with James though, I don't know if I could handle all the distraction.