Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 105

Thread: Ben's Max Squat

  1. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by adbrauner
    When you say squat 500, do you mean full squat? or half squat?
    Powerlifting competition parallel. I am watching Brad Gillingham's DVD. He is a MONSTER and struggles with 680x2 raw powerlifting depth. No f-ing way many/any sprinters are doing that. Someone prove me wrong with a video lol...what's that, you can't? oh too bad then. People post videos of them jumping onto 50" boxes, doing bounds, doing starts, doing tempo but never lifting...

  2. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by mortac8
    Powerlifting competition parallel. I am watching Brad Gillingham's DVD. He is a MONSTER and struggles with 680x2 raw powerlifting depth. No f-ing way many/any sprinters are doing that. Someone prove me wrong with a video lol...what's that, you can't? oh too bad then. People post videos of them jumping onto 50" boxes, doing bounds, doing starts, doing tempo but never lifting...
    haha I certainly can't squat 500, but I would think many athletes could do 500 @ 200. If someone can do low to mid 300s FULL squat, wouldn't they'd be at least mid 300s in a half squat? So they're only < 150 from 500 and this is relatively early in their career.

    But a 680x2 compared to 500 is a big difference. Not to mention Brad is like 6'5"? Relative strength is going to be much more difficult for someone of that size, 6'5" 320.

    Maybe this is just for sprinters rather than athletes as a whole? I could see that maybe.

  3. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by adbrauner
    haha I certainly can't squat 500, but I would think many athletes could do 500 @ 200. If someone can do low to mid 300s FULL squat, wouldn't they'd be at least mid 300s in a half squat? So they're only < 150 from 500 and this is relatively early in their career.

    But a 680x2 compared to 500 is a big difference. Not to mention Brad is like 6'5"? Relative strength is going to be much more difficult for someone of that size, 6'5" 320.

    Maybe this is just for sprinters rather than athletes as a whole? I could see that maybe.

    i agree im not 200lb and squat well over 500lbs. ben squat numbers are sick.

  4. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by utfootball4
    i agree im not 200lb and squat well over 500lbs. ben squat numbers are sick.
    So you're about as strong as FloJo then since FloJo can lunge 300+ at minimal bodyweight.

  5. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by mortac8
    So you're about as strong as FloJo then since FloJo can lunge 300+ at minimal bodyweight.
    flojo didnt lunge no damn 150kg like the article listed. shit i lunge 365+ and wasnt even training for that lift in college. so i guess shes twice as strong as u, huh?

  6. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by utfootball4
    flojo didnt lunge no damn 150kg like the article listed. shit i lunge 365+ and wasnt even training for that lift in college. so i guess shes twice as strong as u, huh?

    yes because I suck. I am not supposed to have olympian weightlifter training marks.

  7. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by mortac8
    yes because I suck. I am not supposed to have olympian weightlifter training marks.

    do u really think she lunge that much.

  8. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by utfootball4
    do u really think she lunge that much.
    No. That's my point. I don't think she lunged 315-330 or whatever. I don't believe many of the training marks unless these are modified lifts. FloJo prob did a step up onto a 3" box with 330 and called it a lunge.

    Some of these numbers sprinters throw around are about the equivalent as someone telling me Pyrros Dimas runs 6.50e in the 60.

  9. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by mortac8
    No. That's my point. I don't think she lunged 315-330 or whatever. I don't believe many of the training marks unless these are modified lifts. FloJo prob did a step up onto a 3" box with 330 and called it a lunge.

    Some of these numbers sprinters throw around are about the equivalent as someone telling me Pyrros Dimas runs 6.50e in the 60.
    at one point i did believe she lunge 150kg

  10. #80
    so what? point is her strength training and strength levels served their purpose. they helped as a variable within her overall plan to run as fast as possible.

Similar Threads

  1. Singapore 2010 launches the Million Deeds Challenge
    By Rupert in forum Olympic Updates
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-20-2009, 03:00 PM
  2. Bolt - 9.93
    By Sevastocrator in forum In the News
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 09:24 AM
  3. Linz Austria Indoor Meet
    By Carson in forum Discussion Suggestions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2003, 03:44 AM
  4. Fat loss
    By maris in forum Nutrition Discussions
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-14-2003, 01:18 PM
  5. Ben Johnson memorabilia
    By lumberjack2051 in forum Forum Archives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2003, 06:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •