Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Ben's Max Squat

Quote Originally Posted by adbrauner
    When you say squat 500, do you mean full squat? or half squat?
    Powerlifting competition parallel. I am watching Brad Gillingham's DVD. He is a MONSTER and struggles with 680x2 raw powerlifting depth. No f-ing way many/any sprinters are doing that. Someone prove me wrong with a video lol...what's that, you can't? oh too bad then. People post videos of them jumping onto 50" boxes, doing bounds, doing starts, doing tempo but never lifting...

Quote Originally Posted by mortac8
    Powerlifting competition parallel. I am watching Brad Gillingham's DVD. He is a MONSTER and struggles with 680x2 raw powerlifting depth. No f-ing way many/any sprinters are doing that. Someone prove me wrong with a video lol...what's that, you can't? oh too bad then. People post videos of them jumping onto 50" boxes, doing bounds, doing starts, doing tempo but never lifting...
    haha I certainly can't squat 500, but I would think many athletes could do 500 @ 200. If someone can do low to mid 300s FULL squat, wouldn't they'd be at least mid 300s in a half squat? So they're only < 150 from 500 and this is relatively early in their career.

But a 680x2 compared to 500 is a big difference. Not to mention Brad is like 6'5"? Relative strength is going to be much more difficult for someone of that size, 6'5" 320.

Maybe this is just for sprinters rather than athletes as a whole? I could see that maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by adbrauner
    haha I certainly can't squat 500, but I would think many athletes could do 500 @ 200. If someone can do low to mid 300s FULL squat, wouldn't they'd be at least mid 300s in a half squat? So they're only < 150 from 500 and this is relatively early in their career.

But a 680x2 compared to 500 is a big difference. Not to mention Brad is like 6'5"? Relative strength is going to be much more difficult for someone of that size, 6'5" 320.

Maybe this is just for sprinters rather than athletes as a whole? I could see that maybe.

i agree im not 200lb and squat well over 500lbs. ben squat numbers are sick.

Quote Originally Posted by utfootball4
    i agree im not 200lb and squat well over 500lbs. ben squat numbers are sick.
    So you're about as strong as FloJo then since FloJo can lunge 300+ at minimal bodyweight.

So you're about as strong as FloJo then since FloJo can lunge 300+ at minimal bodyweight.
    flojo didnt lunge no damn 150kg like the article listed. shit i lunge 365+ and wasnt even training for that lift in college. so i guess shes twice as strong as u, huh?

flojo didnt lunge no damn 150kg like the article listed. shit i lunge 365+ and wasnt even training for that lift in college. so i guess shes twice as strong as u, huh?

yes because I suck. I am not supposed to have olympian weightlifter training marks.

yes because I suck. I am not supposed to have olympian weightlifter training marks.

do u really think she lunge that much.

do u really think she lunge that much.
    No. That's my point. I don't think she lunged 315-330 or whatever. I don't believe many of the training marks unless these are modified lifts. FloJo prob did a step up onto a 3" box with 330 and called it a lunge.

Some of these numbers sprinters throw around are about the equivalent as someone telling me Pyrros Dimas runs 6.50e in the 60.

No. That's my point. I don't think she lunged 315-330 or whatever. I don't believe many of the training marks unless these are modified lifts. FloJo prob did a step up onto a 3" box with 330 and called it a lunge.

Some of these numbers sprinters throw around are about the equivalent as someone telling me Pyrros Dimas runs 6.50e in the 60.
    at one point i did believe she lunge 150kg

so what? point is her strength training and strength levels served their purpose. they helped as a variable within her overall plan to run as fast as possible.