Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Swimming for pitchers

I think I mislead some people here. Not all the lifts are done at max speed, there is probably a 60/40 split of lifts that Doyle recommends done with a high/low speed respectively.

Devils, the method you speak of by training with lighter/heavier bats is covered in depth on beabetterhitter.com somewhere, I can't remember/don't know the link that I'm talking about though, but the site is very small and straight forward, so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Not to hijack the thread, but I seem to be having either a hard time navigating this sites store or CFTS is no longer sold here. Is there a better book than CFTS or do I have to buy it somewhere else? Feel free to PM me if you don't feel like clogging the thread as I just did.

Quote Originally Posted by Looking_4_the_Answer
    I think I mislead some people here. Not all the lifts are done at max speed, there is probably a 60/40 split of lifts that Doyle recommends done with a high/low speed respectively.

Devils, the method you speak of by training with lighter/heavier bats is covered in depth on beabetterhitter.com somewhere, I can't remember/don't know the link that I'm talking about though, but the site is very small and straight forward, so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Not to hijack the thread, but I seem to be having either a hard time navigating this sites store or CFTS is no longer sold here. Is there a better book than CFTS or do I have to buy it somewhere else? Feel free to PM me if you don't feel like clogging the thread as I just did.
    I would pm Rupert,
    That is an excellent question, there may not be enough room on the page any more, but I received my copy here, or maybe it was at CF's conference.

http://www.charliefrancis.com/commun...9&postcount=15

If you can somehow utilize hyperplasia you might be onto something; otherwise, no.

Quote Originally Posted by nap
    I would pm Rupert,
    That is an excellent question, there may not be enough room on the page any more, but I received my copy here, or maybe it was at CF's conference.
    Nap, found it, buying it.

Nap, found it, buying it.
    You will not be disappointed. I try to incorporate many of the concepts with gpp, spp and baseball practices.

By the way, I was checking out the NSCA conference line up for San Antonio in January, and one presentation is "Improving Throwing Velocity for Pitchers"!

If I go to that talk, I'll try and report back if anyone is interested...

Devils, as someone who is unable to attend for a variety of reasons that seem to never end, I would be very pleased if you took notes or summarized the presentation, or even something along those lines. I'm not a pitcher, but I'm pretty sure that mechanics aside, gaining velocity is no different from the mound than in the outfield.

Out of curiousity, how many people here play(ed) baseball, in high school, college, semi-pro, etc?

Devils, as someone who is unable to attend for a variety of reasons that seem to never end, I would be very pleased if you took notes or summarized the presentation, or even something along those lines. I'm not a pitcher, but I'm pretty sure that mechanics aside, gaining velocity is no different from the mound than in the outfield.

Out of curiousity, how many people here play(ed) baseball, in high school, college, semi-pro, etc?
    I played college, pro, and coached in the US for 5 years. I now am back in Canada running an athletic training facility and baseball academy.