Page 128 of 138 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1379

Thread: Chris6878's journal.

Re: Chris6878's journal.

The faster you become the more important the tempo work is in your program.

Chris what have you decided to do with your training?

Maybe it's the rope jumping that's over working your calves and resulting in the strains.

Quote Originally Posted by robin1 View Post
    Maybe it's the rope jumping that's over working your calves and resulting in the strains.
    I already warned Chris about the jump roping.... I'm almost 40 years old, these young bucks need to get right....

Quote Originally Posted by Actuary400m View Post
    I have become one of these guys. At age 27-28, I was able to do 2-3 sprint sessions per week along with 2 extensive tempo days, ranging from 1600-2400m per session. Over the years, I've found the tempo sessions to be too draining--even with low intensity on grass. When I was PRing at age 30, my typical week had 2 speed days, 1 plyo/lifting day, and one day of jumping rope and medball tempo. I occasionally would add some rowing on the lifting day. I experienced no drop-off in performance by removing tempo running.

I am currently 33 and have run into trouble each time I try to bring more tempo running back into the equation. Whatever benefits I may gain from this type of aerobic work seem to be more than offset by the negatives. It's really not all that regenerative; it's truly a workout as I find myself more stiff and sore in the following days than if I had done nothing. After learning my lesson this winter by pulling my groin a few days after some tempo running, I'm back on the 2 speed days, 1 lifting, and 1 jumping rope / medball set-up. When I run, I sprint. Every foot contact counts.
    I actually feel good when I do a tempo the day before speed. If I have a day off, I like to do a tempo session before the speed day. But yea tempo can be tough. I often turn it into a really long warm up. I dont time the runs its just more for the sweat and flush out. Im going to most likely replace some of the tempo with just dynamic mobility work/abs cause I agree, each step does count

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Chris what have you decided to do with your training?
    Quote Originally Posted by robin1 View Post
    I already warned Chris about the jump roping.... I'm almost 40 years old, these young bucks need to get right....
    Ive been talking to Kelly. He has already given me great ideas in regards to how to set up a training weeks. he suggested a 2hi-2lo week, with some of the tempo being walking and dynamic mob circuits. Yesterday I did the magnificent mobility circuit and it was tough. I feel great today. It was a decent workout.
    But I will be lowering the Tempo intensity alot to save for the speed sessions, which will be spaced apart more.
    Once the calf is healed im going to have him write up my workouts and see how it goes.

And as for the jump rope, after I blew out the calf last season when I was jumping rope damn near everyday, I scaled that back to a few times a week. I probably need to drop it to once a week if that. Im sure it contributed to this injury I have now.

magnificent mobility circuit?? Is that Kelly circuit

magnificent mobility circuit?? Is that Kelly circuit
    http://www.magnificentmobility.com/

Kelly mentioned it on his site, so I looked it up

Quote Originally Posted by Chris6878 View Post
    Ive been talking to Kelly. He has already given me great ideas in regards to how to set up a training weeks. he suggested a 2hi-2lo week, with some of the tempo being walking and dynamic mob circuits. Yesterday I did the magnificent mobility circuit and it was tough. I feel great today. It was a decent workout.
    But I will be lowering the Tempo intensity alot to save for the speed sessions, which will be spaced apart more.
    Once the calf is healed im going to have him write up my workouts and see how it goes.

And as for the jump rope, after I blew out the calf last season when I was jumping rope damn near everyday, I scaled that back to a few times a week. I probably need to drop it to once a week if that. Im sure it contributed to this injury I have now.
    Who is Kelly you have been talking to re programming ?. Is it Kelly Starrat? I am in a similar position to you where I have been getting a number of injuries each season and am looking to someone to get help in writing up my program. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by grooster View Post
    Who is Kelly you have been talking to re programming ?. Is it Kelly Starrat? I am in a similar position to you where I have been getting a number of injuries each season and am looking to someone to get help in writing up my program. Cheers
    Kelly Baggett

Page 128 of 138 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... LastLast