Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thompson win race in trainers

Re: Thompson win race in trainers

amazing. I was wondering why she looked funny in this race

they were spikes. according to this link they are similar to long distance spike http://www.cbssports.com/general/new...ring-trainers/
    X-Man
    CF.com Moderator

I have some cross country spikes I use to sprint on grass and on track whenever my feet are sore. WHile comfortable, I wouldnt wear them in a meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris6878 View Post
    I have some cross country spikes I use to sprint on grass and on track whenever my feet are sore. WHile comfortable, I wouldnt wear them in a meet.

So was this a ploy to garner attention? Or was it a mistake? ( I doubt it) or are their rockets in the shoes? (She clearly already has rockets in her 'soul'. What is the back story? Why wear something that puts you at a ;possible disadvantage or is there something to this shoe we don't yet know about?

I mean we all know there is so much full disclosure in track and field with athletes and coaches I am sure the story is out and soon we will all be brought up to date. LOL.

OH that last comment could be thought of as bitter and aloof and possibly dismissive of so much Jamaican talent but I would never subscribe (at least publicly) to thoughts of notions of bitterness and aloofness. More laughing and now I am rolling on the ground with so much laughter.

she said the new nikes sprint spikes (guessing the elite superflys?) were causing Achilles issues.

Everyone is shouting about the 'trainers' thing because she used the term 'flats' but they were LD spikes with only 4 pins and obviously a built up heal

Quote Originally Posted by a-j View Post
    she said the new nikes sprint spikes (guessing the elite superflys?) were causing Achilles issues.

Everyone is shouting about the 'trainers' thing because she used the term 'flats' but they were LD spikes with only 4 pins and obviously a built up heal
    the extra cushion in those cc spikes are a real help when your heel or feet are sore.