Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Coach Ange's blog

Re: Coach Ange's blog

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Coon View Post
    Yuck on the protein powder but maybe it's needed? Size or muscle density? What are your goals?

And have you been trying the 5 hours between meals or not?

Almond butter with celery is one of my favorite treats. Love it better than peanut because I do and it's supposed to be a cleaner food but who knows. Peanut butter is for sure less expensive and that is a good thing for the pocket book.
    It's going well - my wife and I both lost 5lbs the first week with the diet along... Actually the whey protein taste really good with the coconut oil.

My wife plan is very similar but she train early morning 5 or 6 am

Pre workout
    Caffeine
    1 scoop whey or bcaa 8z water

During training: 20z water

Post workout
    1 scoop whey + almond milk
    ½ avocado
    20oz water consume within 30mins

Lunch
    1 grapefruit
    Chicken breast
    1 cup green beans
    20z water 30mins

Snack 1ish
    ½ cup trail mix
    Hot green tea

Dinner
    Black beans
    Chicken breast
    Spinach salad
    20z water

Snack
    1tb peanut butter
    8z water

Non workout days are slightly different

Sat/Sun
    Breakfast: hot green tea or blk coffee and coconut oil or heavy cream

Lunch: Fish – fats – spinach salad

Dinner
    Beef or steak
    Broccoli and green beans
    20oz water

Wednesday is also non training day but it's very similar to the workouts - mainly dropping the fruit at lunch. Her workouts are 4 days of german body comp with ZERO cardio until the last block.

For some reason the forum won't allow me to edit the above post.

Shut down you computer or first refresh your screen and see if that works. I don't think it's the soft wear as I have no issue what so ever but I am the admin so not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Coon View Post
    Shut down you computer or first refresh your screen and see if that works. I don't think it's the soft wear as I have no issue what so ever but I am the admin so not sure.
    I can correct all the other post in this thread besides #22.

1. Try editing the post using another browser rather than your usual one (you may be asked to sign in again when you go to the post editing action).

OR
    2. you `could` clear down web browser cache, but are likely to lose saved passwords, and other stuff that is more time consuming to re create than the original problem.
    Ditto if you delete the CF cookie.

If point 1 fails suggest you just re enter the post as a new item with the correct details - to avoid endless fiddling around.
    Possible the CF database has a lock on your user ID against the original post, which is why Angie can access the post - her admin ID has greater power/access.
    Note that switching on/off does not usually clear down historic cache and cookie type stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    My wife plan is very similar but she train early morning 5 or 6 am

Pre workout
    Caffeine
    1 scoop whey or bcaa 8z water

During training: 20z water

Post workout
    1 scoop whey + almond milk
    ½ avocado
    20oz water consume within 30mins

Lunch
    1 grapefruit
    Chicken breast
    1 cup green beans
    20z water 30mins

Snack 1ish
    ½ cup trail mix
    Hot green tea

Dinner
    Black beans
    Chicken breast
    Spinach salad
    20z water

Snack
    1tb peanut butter
    8z water

Non workout days are slightly different

Sat/Sun
    Breakfast: hot green tea or blk coffee and coconut oil or heavy cream

Lunch: Fish – fats – spinach salad

Dinner
    Beef or steak
    Broccoli and green beans
    20oz water

Wednesday is also non training day but it's very similar to the workouts - mainly dropping the fruit at lunch. Her workouts are 4 days of german body comp with ZERO cardio until the last block.
    I do something similar when I want to lose a little for the beach or summer or just because.

BUT it seems to kill my boxing training when I don't have some real carbs like bread, rice, more fruit. As an experiment, I've thought about doing what you are doing above, except exchange all of the whey for fruit or at times an almond snickers bar preworkout (serious).

Quote Originally Posted by lr1400 View Post
    I do something similar when I want to lose a little for the beach or summer or just because.

BUT it seems to kill my boxing training when I don't have some real carbs like bread, rice, more fruit. As an experiment, I've thought about doing what you are doing above, except exchange all of the whey for fruit or at times an almond snickers bar preworkout (serious).
    The only time I have issues is when I start training after a layoff for example yesterday I had to lay down for 20mins after completing 10x5x60% resting 60sec of back squats. I still wasn't right this morning, I def believe you need carbs if you are doing speed/power training... My wife training is more bodybuilding she's ok with the low carbs. I like the high protein intake because it makes me look dense and muscular...

Depending on the athlete goals and tolerance would determine how many carbs. If you have someone who wants to get lean and can deal with feeling like shit while training then low carbs would work. For speed/power athletes they must take in carbs to get the increases in performance. PM training session - we would start to introduce carbs at lunch then about 90-120mins before training session there would be whey+oats then 30mins into session fruit (apple/banana). Postworkout Whey and that's it.... I believe what CP says - YOU GOTTA EARN YOUR CARBS!!! No need to take postworkout carbs if you trying to get lean or have overweight house moms training 60mins.

Good feedback RB. The full time competitive athlete does not really need to think about any of this. As soon as age becomes a factor and other life style changes when training can't be everything you need or want 24/7 then the nutritional piece becomes a new training variable that must be honed and mastered.

I have always found the carb thing interesting in terms of energy and fuel depending on what you are doing. If you are not doing much physical it's easy to fast and experiment but the minute you put high CNS stress you need to make sure the game rules are changed according to your new demands and needs.

Nutrition will be individual to some extent as well. And testing can be done to find out particulars of each person to customize and optimize but generally the same rules and or ideas are similar across the board.

Men will be different than woman. Imagine that!

I 'try' to IM fast 2 times a week every other week to help keep in check, as age is creeping in its defo hard to keep looking as lean as the youngsters lol

I have a real sugar addiction which kills me

I use a product called Huel (similar to Soylent in the US) and the carbs in a virtually nothing so I end up having to add a banana to the mix to just have some carbs or im dead all day.

I tend to use as a breakfast and lunch replacement only though, seems to work in keeping my insulin in check