Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Coach Ange's blog

Re: Coach Ange's blog

Interesting. I will check out your sources.

How about I devout a new thread to Tasty recipes? Sounds like a great plan.

Tell me more about what you want from a recipe and is it just smoothies?

I also want to know who it's for and what role does the tasty recipe have for your day or is it for your boys?

Ange, that would be awesome. I'd love to see what other people are doing. Sometimes you think you've tried everything there is, and then viola, something new. I grew in the days when protein drinks tasted like chalk, but today sky's the limit. In our house we all drink smoothies, or shakes and found it's a great way to get additional nutrients. We've done them for breakfast, between meals, pre/post workout no preferences. MetRX has a delicious tasting pancake mix that we like to throw in blueberries, or walnuts. Additionally, I'll make protein cookies for my wife, but the family will usually end up eating before the wife.

Just got back from our provincial high school championships in Belleville Ontario Canada. Belleville is a beautiful town of roughly 40 thousand people near a place of spectacular places to enjoy the outdoors. It took us just over 2 hours to drive there from Toronto Canada.

http://www.windsortiming.com/LiveResults/2017/OFSAA/ this link will give you some idea of the quality of Ontario's high school championships. Historically, this meet produces results in rank behind Florida and Texas. Not sure how that stands as of 2017.

What I found interesting was how my intervention from mid February to now enabled 2 senior mens teams to achieve 8th place in the 4 x 400 meters ( see results on CharlieFrancis dot com Face book page )and 9th in the 4 x 100m with very small actual training as we had so little time.

The story told in Speed Trap is a significant story to tell as it addresses the idea of an even playing field or lack of.

Not so interestingly there has been somewhat of a war going on regarding the school coaching and club coaching. Why? I thought coaching track or any other sport under a certain age of say 21 was supposed to be about the children or athletes.

Why are kids going to track meets without food or access to food.

Why are school teachers from government paid organizations preventing private funds to look after food and transport?

How is the playing field even for kids when almost every aspect of an athletic event has been set up to foster those who have vs those who are so far behind in the economic reality of our current culture medals will not be acquired until stability has been addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Is View Post
    Ange, that would be awesome. I'd love to see what other people are doing. Sometimes you think you've tried everything there is, and then viola, something new. I grew in the days when protein drinks tasted like chalk, but today sky's the limit. In our house we all drink smoothies, or shakes and found it's a great way to get additional nutrients. We've done them for breakfast, between meals, pre/post workout no preferences. MetRX has a delicious tasting pancake mix that we like to throw in blueberries, or walnuts. Additionally, I'll make protein cookies for my wife, but the family will usually end up eating before the wife.

To me, the MetRx type shakes, bars, and what not are just regular candy bars or pancake mix with sugar or some nasty artificial sweetener thrown in. I never got any noticeable body composition change or performance change from them.

I seem to do better with less protein than I used to eat, more carb, and some fat. And eat when I'm hungry.

8 weeks out from my summer vacation, gotta step up the diet and training to get the body looking good - all vanity.....

6 weight training sessions (3 upper/3 lower) + 6 cardio/running sessions. This morning I was on the go..

Meal 1: 2 scoops Whey protein - coconut oil

Meal 2: 2 scoops Whey protein, Natural peanut butter+flaxseed, and Caffeine

Meal 3: Chicken breast, Green beans, hot green tea

Meal 4: 2 scoops whey, caffeine, trail mix, peanut butter

30mins into training - 1 apple or banana

Meal 5: Black beans, Chicken, spinach salad

Before bed: Fish oil or Peanut butter

Peanut butter and trail mix are the snacks i munch on throughout the day... Usually have more solid foods but I was busy this morning...

My wife is on a similar plan but her training is 4 days of german body comp while my training is pretty standard...

Quote Originally Posted by lr1400 View Post
    To me, the MetRx type shakes, bars, and what not are just regular candy bars or pancake mix with sugar or some nasty artificial sweetener thrown in. I never got any noticeable body composition change or performance change from them.

I seem to do better with less protein than I used to eat, more carb, and some fat. And eat when I'm hungry.

If you want noticeable body comp changes try 24 fasting, lunch to lunch or dinner to dinner 1 per week then 2 x per week but take weeks to acclimatize. Make sure your fats are good and protein high quality but keep after the water and fiber. You are right about the protein too. First thing that you might notice is how quickly you get full as the stomach changes size and the chemistry behind the fasting is interesting. M R x type stuff is for profit. If Charlie was looking for profit he made a serious error. Leave that to other organizations that operate now. wink nod. We need to be personal innovators when it comes to results as there is so much info out there it is mind boggling.

Anyone been trying the coffee with coconut oil ? I love it.

Oh you can also try this. Eating from 10am to 8pm which is 14 hour fasting and make sure those meals you eat between 10am and 8pm are 5 hours apart.

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    8 weeks out from my summer vacation, gotta step up the diet and training to get the body looking good - all vanity.....

6 weight training sessions (3 upper/3 lower) + 6 cardio/running sessions. This morning I was on the go..

Meal 1: 2 scoops Whey protein - coconut oil

Meal 2: 2 scoops Whey protein, Natural peanut butter+flaxseed, and Caffeine

Meal 3: Chicken breast, Green beans, hot green tea

Meal 4: 2 scoops whey, caffeine, trail mix, peanut butter

30mins into training - 1 apple or banana

Meal 5: Black beans, Chicken, spinach salad

Before bed: Fish oil or Peanut butter

Peanut butter and trail mix are the snacks i munch on throughout the day... Usually have more solid foods but I was busy this morning...

My wife is on a similar plan but her training is 4 days of german body comp while my training is pretty standard...
    Yuck on the protein powder but maybe it's needed? Size or muscle density? What are your goals?

And have you been trying the 5 hours between meals or not?

Almond butter with celery is one of my favorite treats. Love it better than peanut because I do and it's supposed to be a cleaner food but who knows. Peanut butter is for sure less expensive and that is a good thing for the pocket book.

I have been doing coffee with coconut oil and heavy cream for some time. I like it and feel that it provides good energy. I will normally eat my first meal somewhere between 10-12 and have my last meal before 8pm. I know this is exactly what you mentioned. The only other thing I do is a little bit of carb backloading. It's easy to stay fairly lean and energy levels are stable.

Quote Originally Posted by CLIMBON View Post
    I have been doing coffee with coconut oil and heavy cream for some time. I like it and feel that it provides good energy. I will normally eat my first meal somewhere between 10-12 and have my last meal before 8pm. I know this is exactly what you mentioned. The only other thing I do is a little bit of carb backloading. It's easy to stay fairly lean and energy levels are stable.
    you are drinking bullet proof coffee. I hate coffee so I just do pills. Ive been doing coconut oil stright. I also just got some pure MCT oil. I eat depending on how late I ate the day before. Today I didn teat until 1pm and felt fine. I had hunger pains at 9am , but they went away.