Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: My Masters Training

My Masters Training

As an athlete I have finally reached that age of 'Master'

I competed last year in Australia /Perth at the world champs competing in the 400, unfortunately DQ in the final. But did get two golds in the relays

I will be posting in this thread elements of my training programme and ideas, along with exerts as I compete as a master athlete, along with continued coaching of my squad

Re: My Masters Training

Cool. I ran against you in the 4x100m.

oh really, nationality?
    I was first leg for both relays, I liked the 4/100 as I looked good lol

I was first leg on the Australian team. My main event at the champs was the long jump.

Yes, you did look good on that leg. Looked at lot faster than your SB of 11.67 to me.

I looked quite average, on the other hand. I was incredibly sore from my first full long jump competition in something like 19 years. All I could think of was how to get the baton to my team mate before my adductors explode. I somehow got through it without major injury.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6TJm9H6feA 4-100 relay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HZt3Zotl_U 4-400 relay

These are not my vids and clearly recorded filming the TV but you get to see the races.

Due to a few personal issues the 2 months prior to Perth I only trained on grass, up and down hill. The over speed affect of downhill sprints I feel managed to help me a lot.

I ran my fastest times for a few years at the end of 2016, winning the British Masters champs and then in Perth. Im still to decide on competing in Daegu Indoor end of March but only have until 24th Jan to register

Every time I watch this video I wonder how the South African guy in lane three got away with that major false start.

lol I never actually noticed that before, but yeah huge!

Do you know much about TJ Ossai's training?

I know a bit, he works very hard and loves the sport. Was a bit of a star in perth

You know him?

He was in bloody great nick for 41- did he come into the sport late?