Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: RB34 Training Journal

Re: RB34 Training Journal

Well, I understand what you are saying as the USA has like most countries some history issues with it's past. ( yeah, that is a gross under statement for sure)

We or I don't know too much about you but it seems like you have become successful in the face of so much of what you are saying to be true. I am only able to imagine.

Perhaps there are different ways you might look upon this very large holiday that as you say may be celebrating aspects which have negatively effected a large population in the USA including yourself and your family extended and otherwise.

Marginalizing entire populations is never a good thing and it continues to happen on our planet as we speak without too much knowledge for any of us. It does not make it right but it's shocking that so much genocide and racism persist with all our knowledge and advancements.

In the face of my own issues and bitterness to what may not be I have found practicing gratefulness for what is and what I have to be empowering. I am not suggesting that works for all but it's been a tool I have found useful and liberating at times.

Seems that you are a hard working person who has taken a fair bit of pride in who you are and continue to become. How about celebrating that fact and call is "Happy Your Life" instead of "Happy Thanks( not so giving) aka for Crap like racism, genocide etc". Life sometimes sends lemons so maybe make lemonade. Just an idea.
    Last edited by Angela Coon; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Coon View Post
    Well, I understand what you are saying as the USA has like most countries some history issues with it's past. ( yeah, that is a gross under statement for sure)

We or I don't know too much about you but it seems like you have become successful in the face of so much of what you are saying to be true. I am only able to imagine.

Perhaps there are different ways you might look upon this very large holiday that as you say may be celebrating aspects which have negatively effected a large population in the USA including yourself and your family extended and otherwise.

Marginalizing entire populations is never a good thing and it continues to happen on our planet as we speak without too much knowledge for any of us. It does not make it right but it's shocking that so much genocide and racism persist with all our knowledge and advancements.

In the face of my own issues and bitterness to what may not be I have found practicing gratefulness for what is and what I have to be empowering. I am not suggesting that works for all but it's been a tool I have found useful and liberating at times.

Seems that you are a hard working person who has taken a fair bit of pride in who you are and continue to become. How about celebrating that fact and call is "Happy Your Life" instead of "Happy Thanks( not so giving) aka for Crap like racism, genocide etc". Life sometimes sends lemons so maybe make lemonade. Just an idea.
    Between a couple investments and my sports betting, I'm doing well enough to keep my wife home with my son.

Friday: Bodyweight 184lbs
    Warmup B
    Squat 5x3x75% (went 10lbs heavier)
    Squat 2x2x80 (went 10lbs heavier) + 480x2 530x2
    Pause squat 3x4x70
    Weighted planks 3x60s

Felt really strong today, I added those two extra sets of squats (480-530). I surprised myself with today's workout because the volume has been high and loads submax - I wasn't expecting to be this strong. I have no doubt I will do my previous max for a easy double next phase.

Sat: UB
    Sun: REST
    Mon: Deload (if the weather is good and my body feels good ill go to the track and run some 30's)

For all those haters out there!!!!!

Saturday: Bodyweight 186lbs
    Warmup J
    Bench 8x3x65% r 60s
    Wide bp 2x4x75
    Spoto press 2x6x65
    Lat pd 5x10
    1a: Db front raises 2x10
    1b: Db tri ext 2x10
    1c: Db hammer curls 2x15

Postworkout meal yesterday was a whole sweet potato pie over 2000 cal = does the bodyweight good. Time to deload!!!!

Side note - I'm actually starting to feel strong on the wide grip bench press. My normal bench grip is fairly close (one thumb length from inside smooth), I'm not going super wide - just wider then normal. Close grip bench is half thumb length from inside smooth. If I decide to do a powerlifting meet I should probably learn how to low bar squat.

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    I don't get into the holiday season like most Americans. My life is like clock work just another day..... As a Black American who works every day to hold our country accountable for its rampant racial inequality that is a continuum of centuries of racism, terrorism, and genocide, Thanksgiving is truly a tough holiday to process. I'm sure my family and friends are enjoying all the food etc....
    THanks for giving us your land.

My wife training is going well she has one more week before a deload (4 load/1deload).
    Week 3:
    Monday:
    Rowing 5mins
    Squats 3x10
    Bench 3x10
    Block deadlifts 3x10
    1a: Db row 4x12
    1b: Walk lunges 2x12 steps
    2a: Pushups 2x15
    2b: Hypers 2x15

Wednesday:
    Rowing 5mins
    F squats 4x10
    Wide grip bench 4x10
    1a: Seated rows 4x12
    1b: Leg press 2x12
    2a: Db incline 2x12
    2b: Good morning 2x12

Friday:
    Rowing 5mins
    Bench 4x10
    Rdl 4x10
    1a: Lat pd pronated 4x12
    1b: Db rev lunge 2x6
    2a: Db mil press 2x12
    2b: Hypers 2x12

Saturday:
    Ellp 5mins
    Squat 4x10
    Cg bench 4x10
    Seated row 4x10
    1a: Goblet squat 2x12
    1b: Pushups 2x15
    1c: Good morning 2x12
    Treadmill 60on/60off x7

Week 16: DELOAD
    Monday: Bodyweight 186.4lbs
    Squat 4x3x60%
    Pause squat 3x60
    Weighted planks 3x30s

Gained 10lbs in this 4 week phase.... Deload weeks I usually try to do things different - wear different workout clothes, listen to different music, even dropping the warmups and getting right into the weights. Today I tried squatting without doing any warmups etc and my knees wasn't having it. After 20-30 bodyweight deep knee bends etc I was good to go.

Hrv: 67.5
    Readiness 8 - Green
    Resting HR 66.3

Only using hrv the week of and after deloads.

Tuesday: Bodyweight 187.4lbs
    Bench 3x5x60%
    Cg bp 5x60
    Spoto press 5x60
    Db supp row 3x10

Quick 20min session..